Criminal Attorney in Tulsa, OK
Lee was raised on a cattle ranch outside of Polson, Montana. At seventeen
(17), Lee joined the Montana Army National Guard and went to Basic Training
at Fort McClellan, Alabama.
Following Basic Training, Lee attended college at Eastern New Mexico University
(ENMU), in Portales, New Mexico. Lee graduated in 3 1/2 years from ENMU
and received a Regular Army Commission as a 2nd Lieutenant in the Field
Artillery. Following the Officer Basic Course at Fort Sill, the Army sent
him to Fort Lewis, Washington. While at Fort Lewis, Lee served in the
3rd Brigade Combat Team of the 2nd Infantry Division as a Fire Direction
Officer, Platoon Leader, and finally as a Battalion Fire Support Officer.
Lee left the Army and came back to Oklahoma to attend law school. Lee graduated
from the University of Oklahoma, College of Law and received his Juris
Doctor in May 2000. Lee graduated with Highest Honors and ranked 6th in
his class at OU.
After graduating from OU, Lee went to work as an attorney with NASA, at
the Johnson Space Center, in Houston, Texas. At NASA, Lee served as an
Installation Ethics Official, Procurment Law Attorney, and International
While at NASA, Lee was offered an opportunity to move back to Oklahoma
and work for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). Lee went to
work in Muskogee at the VA Medical Center and Regional Office as an attorney.
Lee represented the VA in all matters in Eastern Oklahoma and was the
only attorney for the region. While at the VA, Lee handled countless Employment
Law cases before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Merit
Systems Protection Board. Lee was also responsible for investigating,
negotiating, and defending all of the Medical Malpractice cases that came
out of the facility.
While employed at the VA, Lee was invited to work for a Federal Judge in
the Eastern District of Oklahoma. Lee worked for Judge Steven P. Shreder
in Muskogee, Oklahoma, as a Federal Law Clerk before being offered a Felony
Prosecutor position in the Tulsa County District Attorney’s Office.
Lee worked in the Tulsa County DA’s Office, rising up through the
ranks to hold the positions of Major Crimes Prosecutor, and as the Chief
of the Gang Prosecution Unit. While in the office Lee tried 23 Felony
Jury Trials and 7 bench trials.
On May 1, 2010, after a decade of experience in criminal law, civil litigation,
and high end transactional work, Lee left government service and entered
private practice to focus on criminal defense.
- National Criminal Defense College
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- D.C. Bar Association
- New Mexico Bar Association
- Northern District of Oklahoma
- Eastern District of Oklahoma
- National College for DUI Defense
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Oklahoma Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Tulsa Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Tulsa Bar Association
- 2016 Fundamentals of Federal Criminal Defense Seminar, Denver, CO
- 2015 Graduate of the elite Advanced Cross Examination Course of the National
Criminal Defense College
- 2014 Graduate of the prestigious National Criminal Defense College (NCDC)
at Mercer Law School in Macon, Georgia.
- 2014 Attended the 3 day course on Defending Sexual Assault and Child Victim
Cases, Las Vegas, NV.
- 2014 Attended the 3 day Trial Lawyers College Regional Training on Jury
Selection, Dallas, Texas.
- Attended 2013 3 Day Course on Defending Sexual Assault and Child Victim
Cases, Savannah, GA
- Attended 2013 Patrick A. Williams Criminal Defense Institute, OKC, OK
- Attended 2013 NACDL 3 Day DUI/DWI Defense Seminar, Las Vegas, NV
- Attended 2012 3 Day Course on Defending Sexual Assault & Child Abuse
Cases, New Orleans, LA
- Attended 2012 Patrick A. Williams Criminal Defense Institute, Catoosa, OK
- Attended 2012 NACDL 3 Day DUI/DWI Defense Seminar, Las Vegas, NV
- Attended 2011 NACDL 3 Day DUI Seminar Titled: DWI Means Defending with
Integrity, Las Vegas, NV
- Attended 2011 DUI in Oklahoma Seminar, Oklahoma City, OK
- Attended 2011 Patrick A. WIlliams Criminal Defense Institute, Norman, OK
- Attended 2010 Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association 2 Day Seminar
on Jury Selection, Dallas, TX
- NHTSA’s Practitioner Certification Course for the Administration
of the Standardized Field Sobriety Tests
- Trained in the Use/Administration of Tests for the Intoxilyzer 8000 by
the Oklahoma Board of Tests
- Attended 2010 NACDL 3 Day DUI Seminar Titled: Communicating Your Way to
- Attended 2010 UT CLE Car Crash Seminar
- Attended 2009 DAC Fall Conference: Drugs, Gangs, and Guns
- Attended 2009 DAC Summer Conference: DUI Prosecution. Course included:
Crash Reconstruction and Effective Use of Expert Testimony, Ignition Interlock
Devices, SFSTs and Intoxilyzer 8000
- Attended 2008 Patrick A. Williams Criminal Defense Institute
- Attended 2008 Intoxilyzer 8000 Training and Orientation, Oklahoma Board
of Tests, Tahlequah, OK.